Advanced Writing Skills (vs)
- Training Time: 1 Day, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Inclusion: Participants Manual and Certificate of Completion
This is a one-day workshop for those who already are good writers. Our time will be devoted to writing letters of recommendation, of persuasion, of refusal, or of action, that reflect current word usage and up-to-date formats. You can also learn some basics about writing business cases, proposals, and reports.
You must complete Optimized Solutions Business Writing That Works course before taking this workshop.
- How to make your writing clear, complete, concise, and correct.
- How to improve sentence construction and paragraph development.
- How to deal with specific business requests.
- How to create effective business cases, proposals, and reports.
- How to thoroughly document sources that you use in your writing.
Advanced Writing Skills – Module 1
- Introduction to the Workshop
- Course Overview
Advanced Writing Skills – Module 2
The C’s of Writing
- Writing clearly
- Writing Concisely
- Group Exercise
- Writing Correctly
- Choosing Your Sources
Advanced Writing Skills – Module 3
- Building Paragraphs
- Proper Paragraphs
- More on Paragraphs
- Individual Exercise
Advanced Writing Skills – Module 4
Dealing with Specific Requests
- Types of Letters
- Keeping it Real
Advanced Writing Skills – Module 5
Preparing Business Documents
- Business Cases
- Requests for Proposals
- Writing Reports
Advanced Writing Skills – Module 6
- Editing Techniques
- Personal Action Plan
- Recommended Reading List
You Can Expect...
- To learn the particulars required of different documents
- Guidelines for preparing business documents
You Need This If...
- You need clear guidelines to prepare a business case, request of proposal or a formal report
This Is About...
- Writing clearly, concisely, in complete and correct form
- Writing mechanics
- Preparing business documents and knowing editing techniques