Assertiveness and Self-Confidence
- Training Time: 1 Day, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Inclusion: Participants Manual and Certificate of Completion
Assertiveness and self-confidence are comprised of important interpersonal communications skills and traits that can be learned and practiced. This workshop will provide you with many tips, techniques, and opportunities to try out your own skills.
Self-confidence plays an important role in our everyday lives. Being confident allows us to set and reach our goals. It provides stability when we are faced with a challenge; it gives us that push that helps us overcome difficulties. Self-confidence is necessary in our personal and professional lives, as without it one would not be successful in either. It gives us the ability to stand up to face our challenges and to pick ourselves up when we fall.
- Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
- Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
- Explain the difference between listening and hearing, and understand the importance of body language and questioning skills in communication
- Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior
- Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth — and the use of positive self-talk
- List reasons why a pleasing appearance and body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
- Practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”
- Use the STAR model to make your case during a presentation challenge
- Display rapport-building skills through assertive methods of expressing disagreement and consensus-building techniques
- Practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations.
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 1
- Introduction to Assertiveness & Self Confidence
- Workshop Objectives
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 2
What Does Self-Confidence Mean to You?
- What is Assertiveness?
- What is Self-Confidence?
- The Four Styles
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 3
Obstacles to Our Goals
- Types of Negative Thinking
- Case Study
- Personal Application
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 4
- Listening & Hearing; They Aren’t the Same Thing
- Asking Questions
- Body Language
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 5
The Importance of Goal Setting
- Why Goal Setting is Important
- Setting SMART Goals
- Our Challenge to You
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 6
Feeling the Part
- Identifying Your Worth
- Creating Positive Self-Talk
- Identifying & Addressing Strengths & Weakness
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 7
Looking the Part
- The Importance of Appearance
- The Role of Body Language
- First Impressions Count
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 8
Sounding the Part
- It’s How You Say It
- Sounding Confident
- Using “I” Messages
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 9
- What to Do When You’re on the Spot
- Using STAR to Make Your Case
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 10
- Building Rapport
- Expressing Disagreement
- Coming to Consensus
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 11
Dealing with Difficult Behavior
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Key Tactics
Assertiveness & Self Confidence – Module 12
Wrapping it up
- Words from the Wise
You Can Expect...
- Learning assertive communication that promotes fairness and equality
- To know how to stand up of legitimate rights, without violating the rights of others
- To learn how to communicate to be heard and yet stay respectful.
You Need This If...
- You generally feel that your communication needs positive strength
- You want to get a better understanding of people and yourself
- You want to increase the quality of your life through confidence and assertiveness
This Is About...
- Helping yourself achieve goals
- Communicating to be heard
- Standing up for yourself when need be
- Projecting professionalism in how you communicate