- Training Time: 2 days, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Inclusion: Participants Manual and Certificate of Completion
A distracted workforce is less than effective. Employees who do not pay attention to their work can waste valuable time and make careless mistakes. Attention management is a useful skill that allows managers to connect with their employees on an emotional level and motivate them to focus on their work and how to reach their personal and company goals.
- Define and understand attention management.
- Identify different types of attention.
- Create strategies for goals and SMART goals.
- Be familiar with methods that focus attention.
- Put an end to procrastination.
- Learn how to prioritize time.
Attention Management – Module 1
- Workshop Objectives
- Pre-Assignment Review
Attention Management – Module 2
Introduction to Attention Management
- What is Attention Management?
- Stop Thinking and Pay Attention
- What is Mushin?
- What is Xin Yi (Heart Mnded)?
Attention Management – Module 3
Types of Attention
- Focused Attention
- Sustained Attention
- Selective Attention
- Alternating Attention
- Attention CEO
- Attentional Blink
Attention Management – Module 4
Strategies for Goal Setting
- Listening to Your Emotions
Attention Management – Module 5
Attention Management – Module 6
Training Your Attention
- Focus Execute
Attention Management – Module 7
Attention Zones Model
- Reactive Zone
- Proactive Zone
- Distracted Zone
- Wasteful Zone
Attention Management – Module 8
- The Three P’s
- The SMART Way
- Evaluating and Adapting
Attention Management – Module 9
Keeping Yourself Focused
- The One Minute Rule
- The Five Minute Rule
- What to Do When You Feel Overwhelmed
Attention Management – Module 10
- Why We Procrastinate
- Nine Ways to Overcome Procrastination
- Eat That Frog
Attention Management – Module 11
Prioritizing Your Time
- The 80/20 Rule
- The Urgent/Important Matrix
- Being Assertive
- Creating a Productivity Journal
- The Glass Jar: Rocks, Pebbles, Sand, Water
Attention Management – Module 12
Wrapping it up
- Words from the Wise
You Can Expect...
- Ability to focus at the organizational and individual level
- Increased productivity through attention management
- Greatly decreasing stress attached to constant barge of information
You Need This If...
- You want to maximize the time you have at work
- You want to stop over-thinking, and thus save time
- You want to manage distractions
This Is About...
- Knowing the different types of attention and how they can work for you
- Learning the type of attention that is work-productive
- Thinking strategies that lead to success