Disability Awareness (vs)
- Training Time: 2 Days, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Inclusion: Participants Manual and Certificate of Completion
People with disabilities represent a significant and largely underutilized resource for businesses. Many disabled persons are underemployed or unemployed. As a result of advocates for diversity, as well as a shrinking labor pool, employers are taking a serious look at hiring and retaining people with disabilities. This two-day workshop will give supervisors, managers, and human resource consultants tools and tips for creating a diverse workplace.
- Prepare to welcome people with disabilities into your workplace
- Interact with people with disabilities
- Identify and overcome barriers in the workplace
- Use respectful, appropriate, acceptable language in any circumstance
- Understand what your company can do during hiring and interviewing
- Understand what job accommodation is and how it applies to your workplace
Disability Awareness – Module 1
- Introduction to the Workshop
- Course Overview
Disability Awareness – Module 2
- What are Disabilities?
- Finders Debrief
- Bout Stereotypes
- Some Common Phrases and the Stereotypes behind Them
Disability Awareness – Module 3
Misconceptions and Realities
- Misconceptions and Realities
Disability Awareness – Module 4
A Business Case
- Getting Into it
Disability Awareness – Module 5
- Giving Your Words Some Thought
- Being Practical
- Mingle with Me
Disability Awareness – Module 6
- Physical Access
- Case Studies
Disability Awareness – Module 7
The Cornerstone of Diversity
- About the Cornerstones
Disability Awareness – Module 8
- Pre-Assignment Review
Disability Awareness – Module 9
Encouraging Diversity By Hiring
- What Can We Ask?
- What can the Candidate Expect?
Disability Awareness – Module 10
Using the STOP Technique
- The Four Steps
- Role Play
Disability Awareness – Module 11
Common Essentials for Disability Awareness
- Ground Rules to Get Started
- Respecting Confidentiality
- Preparing Documentation
Disability Awareness – Module 12
- Dichotomies in Theory
- Dichotomies in Action
Disability Awareness – Module 13
- Introductory Elements
- Getting the Conversation Started
- Taking It One Step Further
Disability Awareness – Module 14
How Do We Make It Happen?
- How Far Do You Go In Accommodation?
- Value of Job Shadows
Disability Awareness – Module 15
- Personal Action Plan
You Can Expect...
- To learn the misconceptions and realities of people with disabilities
- To learn communication styles and critical conversations
You Need This If...
This Is About...
Participants: 10 – 15
Duration: 2 days
Course Fee: P7,550.00 per person
Includes: Manual, Certificate of Completion