- Training Time: Day 1, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Inclusion: Participants Manual and Certificate of Completion
Emotional Intelligence is defined as a set of competencies demonstrating the ability one has to recognize his or her behaviors, moods, and impulses, and to manage them best according to the situation.
This course will give you the tools you need to be emotionally intelligent in your workplace. An employee with high emotional intelligence can manage his or her own impulses, communicate with others effectively, manage change well, solve problems, and use humor to build rapport in tense situations. These employees also have empathy, remain optimistic even in the face of adversity, and are gifted at educating and persuading in a sales situation and resolving customer complaints in a customer service role.
- Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, and empathy.
- Understand, use and manage your emotions.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner.
- Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence.
- Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace.
- Balance optimism and pessimism.
- Effectively impact others.
Emotional Intelligence – Module 1
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Workshop Objectives
Emotional Intelligence – Module 2
What is Emotional Intelligence
- Self –Management
Emotional Intelligence – Module 3
Skills in Emotional Intelligence
- How to Accurately Perceive Emotions
- Use Emotions to Facilitate Thinking
- Manage Emotions
Emotional Intelligence – Module 4
Verbal Communication Skills
- Focused Listening
- Asking Questions
- Communicating with Flexibility and Authenticity
Emotional Intelligence – Module 5
Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Body Language
- It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
Emotional Intelligence – Module 6
Social Management and Responsibility
- Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
- Articulate your Emotions Using Language
Emotional Intelligence – Module 7
Tools to Regulate Your Emotions
- Seeing the Other Side
- Self-Management and Self-Awareness
- Giving in Without Giving Up
Emotional Intelligence – Module 8
- Using Coping Thoughts
- Using Relaxation Techniques
- Bringing It All Together
Emotional Intelligence – Module 9
Business Practices (I)
- Understand Emotions
- How to Manage Emotions in the Workplace
- Role of Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Disagreeing Constructively
Emotional Intelligence – Module 10
Business Practices (II)
- The Balance between Optimism and Pessimism
Emotional Intelligence – Module 11
Making an Impact
- Creating a Powerful First Impression
- Assessing a Situation
- Being Zealous with out Being Offensive
Emotional Intelligence – Module 12
Wrapping it up
- Words from the Wise
- Lessons Learned
You Can Expect...
- To better understand root causes of your emotions
- To learn ways to self-regulate to the type of pressure you are experience
- To learn productive ways to manage your emotions and use them to benefit yourself and others
You Need This If...
- You want to be in charge of deciding the manner in which things are said
- You want to be able to decode messages, and properly perceive emotions
- If you want to learn how to be in a good mood, to enable good performance
This Is About...
- What you say and how you say it
- Internally gauging yourself and managing your emotions
- Conveying messages or information with the right attitude, as seen through your verbal and non-verbal communication
- Branding yourself as someone with professional attitude and character