- Training Time: 1 Day, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Inclusion: Participants Manual and Certificate of Completion
Employee Onboarding is an important and vital part of any companies hiring procedure. Hiring, training, and bringing new employees on board cost a lot of money and are major investments. Onboarding is a secure investment that will assist newly hired employees in developing and keeping their skills, knowledge, and value within the company. It will stop highly skilled workers from being lured to a competitor, which makes your company stronger within the market.
Through Employee Onboarding you will find it lowers costs related to employee turnover. It will increase productivity and produce a happier and more skilled workforce. The new hire phase is a critical time for the employee and company and having a structured set of procedures will make this time run smoother and produce a greater chance of success.
- Define onboarding
- Understanding the benefits and purpose of onboarding
- Recognize how to prepare for an onboarding program.
- Identify ways to engage and follow up with employees
- Create expectations
- Discover the importance of resiliency and flexibility
Employee On-Boarding – Module 1
- Introduction to the Workshop
- Workshop Objectives
Employee On-Boarding – Module 2
Purpose of On-Boarding
- Start-up Cost
- Employee Turnover
- Realistic Expectations
Employee On-Boarding – Module 3
- What is On-boarding?
- The Importance of On-boarding
- Making Employees feel Welcome
- First Day Checklist
Employee On-Boarding – Module 4
- Designating a Mentor
Employee On-Boarding – Module 5
- First Week
- First Month
Employee On-Boarding – Module 6
Creating an Engaging Program
- Getting Off on the Right Track
- Role of Human Resources
- Role of Managers
Employee On-Boarding – Module 7
Following up with New Employees
- Initial Check in
- Following Up
- Setting Schedules
- Mentor’s Responsibility
Employee On-Boarding – Module 8
- Defining Requirements
- Identifying Opportunities-Improvement & Growth
- Setting Verbal Expectations
- Putting it in Writing
Employee On-Boarding – Module 9
Resiliency and Flexibility
- What is Resiliency?
- Why Is It Important?
- Five Steps
- What is Flexibility?
- Why is It Important?
- Five Steps
Employee On-Boarding – Module 10
- General Principles
- The Dictatorial Approach
- The Apple Picking Approach
- The Collaborative Approach
Employee On-Boarding – Module 11
- Characteristics of Good Feedback
- Feedback Delivery Tools
- Informal Feedback
Employee On-Boarding – Module 12
Wrapping it up
- Words from the Wise
You Can Expect...
- To learn how to shape new employees to relate to your organization
- A training that will shape a new employee to the company culture
- A training program that is essential to retaining top talent
You Need This If...
- You want to help new hires transition to their role in your organization
- You want to help new employees start on the right path
- You want to develop a highly qualified pool of talent
This Is About...
- Reducing costs of turnover by quickly familiarizing employees with their position
- Reducing anxiety which a new job causes
- Learning to properly orient employees to their job and their surroundings
- Enabling good performance through proper on-boarding