- Training Time: 1 Day, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Inclusion: Participants Manual and Certificate of Completion
Traditionally, middle managers make up the largest managerial layer in an organization. The Middle Manager is responsible to those above them and those below them. They head a variety of departments and projects. In order for a company to operate smoothly, it is essential that those in middle management be committed to the goals of the organization and understands how to effectively execute these goals.
It is crucial for businesses to focus on these essential managers and provide them with the opportunities to succeed. No matter the organization’s structure or size, it will benefit from employing well-trained middle managers. Having a middle manager understand their role in the organization is very important. They are in communication with a very large percentage of the company, and will have a large impact throughout the organization.
- Define management.
- Understand ethics in the workplace.
- Manage information and make decisions.
- Be familiar with the control process.
- Use organizational strategies to facilitate change.
- Create structures and processes to manage teams.
- Manage as a leader.
Middle Management – Module 1
- Introduction to the Workshop
- Workshop Objectives
Middle Management – Module 2
Introduction to Management
- What is Management?
- What Do Managers Do?
- What Does it Take to be a Manager?
- Why Does Management Matter?
Middle Management – Module 3
Ethics and Social Responsibility
- What is Ethical Workplace Behavior?
- What is Unethical Workplace Behavior?
- How to Make Ethical Decisions
- What is Social Responsibility?
Middle Management – Module 4
- Why Information Matters
- Strategic Importance of Information
- Characteristics and Costs of Useful Information
- Getting and Sharing Information
Middle Management – Module 5
- What is Rational Decision-Making?
- Steps to Rational Decision-Making
- Limits to Rational Decision-Making
- Improving Decision Making
Middle Management – Module 6
- Basics of Control
- Is Control Necessary or Possible?
- How and What t Control
- Control Methods
Middle Management – Module 7
- Basics of Organizational Strategy
- Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- Strategy-Making Process
- Corporate, Industry, Firm Level Strategies
Middle Management – Module 8
Innovation and Change
- Organizational Innovation
- Why Innovation Matters
- Managing Innovation
- Organizational Change
- Why Change Occurs and Why It Matters
- Managing Change
Middle Management – Module 9
Organizational Structures and Process
- Organizational Authority
- Job Design
- Designating Organizational Process
Middle Management – Module 10
- The Good and the Bad of Using Teams
- Kinds of Teams
- Work Team Characteristics
- Enhancing Work Team Effectiveness
Middle Management – Module 11
Motivation and Leadership
- Basics of Motivation
- Equity Theory /Expectancy Theory
- What is Leadership?
- Situational Leadership / Strategic Leadership
Middle Management – Module12
Wrapping it up
- Words from the Wise
You Can Expect...
- To implement the strategies of your superiors
- To learn ways to motivate people and get results
You Need This If...
- You want to be effective in your role as Middle Management
- To know what it takes to be an effective Manager
- To know the characteristics of a successful Manager
This Is About...
- Understanding your obligations to senior managers and employees
- Being a credible “face of the organization” to the employees assigned to you
- Understanding your responsibilities and fulfilling it