Office Politics for Managers
- Training Time: 1 day, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Inclusion: Participants Manual and Certificate of Completion
Office politics, or work politics, are the strategies and procedures that employees use to function and advance in a work setting. It is important for managers to learn and understand the office environment and the employees that make it tick.
Since the manager interacts with several aspects of the workplace, one should learn how to effectively work with colleagues, supervisors, and upper management in order to help keep the department functioning as a whole.
- Understand the purpose and benefits of office politics.
- Setting boundaries and ground rules for new employees.
- Learn to interact and influence among colleagues.
- Learn how to manage various personality types in the office.
- Determine how to gain support and effectively network.
- Recognize how you are a part of a group and how you function.
Office Politics for Managers- Module 1
- Introduction to Office Politics for Managers
- Workshop Objectives
Office Politics for Managers- Module 2
- Company Core Values
- Building Relationships
- Encourage Respect
- Setting Ground Rules
Office Politics for Managers- Module 3
It’s About Interacting and Influencing
- Dealing with Different Personalities
- Build a Culture of Collaboration
- Be Nice to Everyone
- Be a Team Player
Office Politics for Managers- Module 4
Dealing with Rumors, Gossip,& Half Truths
- Its Effects on Morale
- Reinforce the Truth with Facts
- Do Not Participate
- Deal With It Swiftly
Office Politics for Managers- Module 5
Office Personalities (I)
- Negative Ned/Negative Nancy
Office Politics for Managers- Module 6
Office Personalities (II)
- Information Keeper
- The Apple-Polisher
- Nosey Neighbor
Office Politics for Managers- Module 7
Getting Support for Your Projects
- Gain Trust Through Honesty
- Be Assertive
- Blow Your Own Horn
- Make Allies
Office Politics for Managers- Module 8
- The Importance of Forgiveness
- Neutralizing Emotions
- The Benefits of a Resolution
- The Agreement Frame
Office Politics for Managers- Module 9
- Benefits of an Ethical Environment
- Lead by Example
- Ensuring Ethical Behavior
- Addressing Unethical behavior
Office Politics for Managers- Module 10
You are Not an Island
- Never Burn a Bridge
- Take the High Road
- Trust is a Two-Way Street
- Don’t Hide in Your Office
Office Politics for Managers- Module 11
Social Events Outside of Work
- How to Decline Politely
- Rules When Attending
- Meeting New People
- Conversation Do’s and Don’ts
Office Politics for Managers- Module 12
Wrapping It Up
- Words from the Wise
- Lessons Learned
You Can Expect...
- A self-awareness guide, as to how you appear to others
- Guidelines on establishing roles
- A guide on open door communication between colleagues as well as management
You Need This If...
- You want to encourage respect and etiquette among employees
- You want to implement ground rules to bring about the best work relationships
- You want to establish a good culture regardless of the wide range of people and personality types
- You want to encourage positive interactions with each other, and positively influence employees under your management
This Is About...
- Dealing with different personality types
- Building a culture of collaboration
- Being nice to everyone, and not just those who can help you
- Being a team player for the benefit of your organization
Participants: 10 – 25
Duration: 1 day
Course Fee: P3,250.00 per person
Includes: Manual, Certificate of Completion