Work Place Harassment
- Training Time: 1 day, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Inclusion: Participants Manual and Certificate of Completion
Workplace Harassment can be based on a variety of factors that differ from one person to another, such as race, sex, and disability.
This course will give you the tools necessary to recognize harassment in the workplace as well understand your rights and responsibilities under the law. It will also touch on safety in the workplace, which is in of itself a very important item in any organization.
Three main actions constitute harassment:
- When someone is doing something to you to make you uneasy.
- When someone is saying something to you to make you feel uneasy.
- When someone knowingly puts your life at risk in some way.
- Identify the words and actions that constitute harassment.
- Understand what the law says about harassment.
- Implement anti-harassment policies.
- Educate employees and develop anti-harassment policies.
- Discuss employer and employee’s rights and responsibilities.
- Address accusations of harassment.
- Apply proper mediation procedures.
- Deal with the aftermath of harassment.
Workplace Harassment – Module 1
- Introduction to Workplace Harassment
- Workshop Objectives
Workplace Harassment – Module 2
- The Law
- Identifying Harassment
- Anti-Harassment Policies
Workplace Harassment – Module 3
Developing an Anti-Harassment Policy
- What should be covered in the Policy
- How Model Policies Work
- Steps to a Healthy Work Place
- Educating Employees
Workplace Harassment – Module 4
Policies in the Workplace
- Anti-Harassment Policy Statements
- Employee’s Rights and Responsibilities
- Employer’s Rights and Responsibilities
Workplace Harassment – Module 5
Proper Procedures in the Workplace
- If You are Being Harassed
- If You are Accused of Harassing
- The Investigation
Workplace Harassment – Module 6
- How to Address the Situation
- Monitoring the Situation
Workplace Harassment – Module 7
- Union Grievance Procedures
- Mediation: Getting Help from an Outside Organization
- Ignorant Redirection
- Positive Redirection
- Negative Redirection
- Multiple Choice Redirection
Workplace Harassment – Module 8
- Defining Sexual Harassment
- Elements of Harassment
- Common Scenarios
Workplace Harassment – Module 9
- What is Mediation
- Deciding if it is Right
- How to Implement
Workplace Harassment – Module 10
- How to Resolve the Situation
- Seeing Both Sides
- Deciding the Consequence
- Telephone Selling Techniques
Workplace Harassment – Module 11
- How to Move On
- Monitoring the Situation
- Learning from Mistakes
Workplace Harassment – Module 12
Wrapping it up
- Words from the Wise
You Can Expect...
- To understand whether a situation is categorized as harassment or not
- To understand how you can promote a healthy workplace environment
- To be able to understand and exercise anti-harassment policies
You Need This If...
- You want to promote a culture of respect in the workplace
- You want to know actions to take when your organization’s culture of respect is violated
- You want to educate workers to follow your organization’s policies
This Is About...
- Preventing liabilities through “reasonable care”
- Discouraging harassing behaviors before they become out of control
- Promoting a positive company image to the public
- Promoting a high morale among employees with regard to lessened occurrences of harassment.